Create a website form using Discord
This tutorial explains how to create a comment box on any static webhost. Usually comment boxes require some back-end server, but for this tutorial we're going to send each message directly to a Discord channel.
There is no way to display the comments received directly on the website.
- Create a new Discord server, or identify an existing one.
- Create a channel that you would like submissions to appear in (this channel can be set as private).
- Add the form HTML code to your site:
- (Optional) Change the rows="4" and cols="50" to change the size of the text box. You can also replace the placeholder text and the send button text.
- You will need to edit this code in a bit.
- Return to your Discord server, and click on the Settings gear on the channel you'd like the submissions to go to.
- On the left sidebar, select Integrations.
- Beside Webhooks, click on Create Webhook
- Set a Name for your webhook. This will be the name that appears as the username of the submission.
- Select Copy Webhook URL.
<textarea rows="4" cols="50" id="question" placeholder="Type your comment here and click 'send'!"></textarea> <button id="send">Send</button>
If you want to include multiple fields on your Discord form, you can use the code found in this CodePen.