Hello and welcome to my help page! This page is mainly focused on providing assistance to webmasters!
These are guides I created in order to help those are struggling! Please keep in mind, everything I know is self-taught and my methods may not work for everyone. If you see a mistake or know of a better way to do something, don't hesitate to reach out!
New to HTML, CSS or Neocities?
Brush up on your HTML/CSS skills?
Looking for website features?
- Introduction to DOM Event Listeners [JS/jQuery]
- How to set up a redirect on your website
- Show a thumbnail when you share your site
- Integrating a website form with Discord
- How to load an element on every page
- The easiest way to make a blog on Neocities
- How to add an image when you share your site on Discord
- How to connect your static site to RSS
- How to make your own webring
- How to use custom fonts on your webpage
- How to sign up for your own free webserver
- How to display 'last updated' and 'visitor count' on your website.
- How to make a custom 404 page on Neocities
- How to position images or text anywhere you like inside an area
Code snippets to copy/paste
These are bits of code you can use that do cool stuff on your website!
(Click on 'Edit on CodePen' logo to see a larger version).
Add a tooltip when a word is clicked (uses JS)
Simple flexbox image gallery
Button with copy-able textarea
One-page Blog Template (no JS)
Filter a list on button click
Resize an image when width changes
Add custom bullets to a list
Add a retro SNES border to your div
More borders available here: http://www.robin64.co.uk/customborders/
Generate text at random when the user clicks a button
Create a never-ending marquee
Change target of a frame with a link without JS
Add falling items to your page
Load an image at random from a list on refresh
Click on "rerun" to reload the environment.
Notes: Make sure to include the jQuery script in your head tags. Note that you provide the image file names separately from the image path.
Layout with different backgrounds when you scroll
Play a song at random from list on refresh
Click rerun to change the song.
Add a transparent pixel border to a div
Set HTML5 audio volume with JS
Use the WebAMP app on your website with a custom theme & songs
Tutorials for leprd.space
leprd.space is free hosting available for hobby servers. It differs from Neocities because you have access to server-side scripting languages like PHP.
- Joining tables with SQL
- PHP 101 Project: Building a Guestbook
- Introduction to Databases
- How to make a static website on cPanel
- How to import a database schema into phpMyAdmin
- How to password protect a webpage with .htaccess
- Create a user and database on Leprd
- How to set up Commentics on Neocities
- Import a database schema into phpMyAdmin
- Create a user and a database on leprd
- Mount your leprd site on PC
- Set up a custom domain with leprd
- How to sign up with leprd